Wildseed Studios seeks an animation Producer or Line Producer with series experience to lead the production of a new high-quality 26 x 11 minutes 2D animated series.
The role will report to the Series Producer and be across all aspects of the production from scripting to final delivery. The series will be pre-produced out of our Bristol Studio with animation taking place in Canada.
The role will be Bristol based, will supervise a team of 25 artists and crew in Bristol and be the point person for liaison with the animation studio in Canada. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible
We will be looking for a second Producer or Line Producer to start in September on a different project – also 2D comedy for older kids – so if you are not available until then please do still send us your details – the job spec will be very similar.
The project, confirmed but not yet announced, is an action comedy aimed at the 6 to 11 year old audience which will share some of the qualities and talent behind our series Counterfeit Cat; it is a visually ambitious, 2D show made in Adobe Animate.
The production schedule runs from as soon as possible after 1st July 2018 to the end of October 2019 but it is our hope that a successful candidate will be able to become part of the Wildseed core team, perhaps developing into a Head of Animation Production for all our animated shows for kids and adults.
We seek an animation Producer or Line Producer to organise and drive the pre-production process in Bristol, to liaise with our largely autonomous animation partners in Canada and to oversee post and final delivery to our client.
The successful candidate will be hugely energetic, able to inspire and organise a team and have great communication skills and an ability to speak appropriately with both clients and crew.
The successful applicant will:
- Be excellent at communicating with and motivating people
- Be happy taking responsibility and being in a leadership role
- Be highly motivated and self-starting
- Enjoy thinking on their feet and remaining flexible in the face of an emerging situation
- Be very efficient and positively enjoy managing many parallel work-streams simultaneously.
- Understand the importance of adjusting their approach according to who they are talking to
- Be resourceful and creative in devising and implementing solutions and adjusting course in the face of unexpected opportunities and challenges.
The successful applicant will:
- Have worked at Producer/Senior Production Manager/Line Producer level on a large and complex animation series
- Be comfortable liaising with teams in multiple locations and time zones
- Be financially literate, competent in Excel and used to managing budgets and working with Production Accountants
- Be familiar with the challenges of keeping a large series on schedule and on budget
- Be familiar with crew and talent contracts and comfortable liaising with lawyers and legal advisors
- Be technically confident and able to work with TD’s and other IT specialists to manage the production pipeline
The role will be based in Bristol. For the right candidate support with relocation will be possible.
About Wildseed Studios
Wildseed Studios in a multi- award-winning UK based IP Incubator started by Miles Bullough (ex Head of Broadcast at Aardman) and Jesse Cleverly (Ex Head of Co-Production and acquisition BBC Children’s). Sarah Mattingley (ex Disney and ITV) is Wildseed’s Head of Kids and Animation.
Wildseed has a particular focus on working with new and emerging talent and incubating original ideas which we then sell to platforms all over the world.
Our shows Counterfeit Cat, Lottie Bearshout, Chris P Duck, Slug Riot, (not)Hero, Tales from the Serengeti, Wolf Jenkins and PrankMe and more have appeared on platforms as diverse as Disney Channel, BBC3, Fullscreen and Frederator. Our live action movies Hungerford and The Darkest Dawn are on Netflix.
Please email a CV and introduction to yourself to email@example.com – we undertake to respond to everyone who applies to us but would request that only serious candidates with relevant experience apply.
Initially, we are seeking candidates already eligible to work in the EEA.
Other production and artists roles will be advertised shortly so please look out for the role that is best suited to you rather than applying for the Producer/Line Producer role in the hope of catching our eye for another role!